Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Love Affair with Sewing

This is day 3 of my 4 day weekend (working 12 hours does have it's benefits, like more days off!) and I have had a really nice time relaxing and spending time with the hubs. Today he is on duty so I have a day to myself. God bless time off!

I have become quite the seamstress over the last few months. After my success with my quilt for little Rika I decided to start another project. (sorry I can't tell you what it is, it's a gift for someone who I think reads this blog!) After I finish it I'll be sure to post it though so no worries!

My Supplies:

187_edited-1


This is my sewing machine, and I love it about as much as I have ever loved an inanimate object. It belonged to my mother who gave it to me when I moved out. I'm not exactly sure how old it is but It's definitely older than me. It's an old Kenmore, not much to look at but it gets the job done . It makes me feel proud of good old American craftsmanship or something like that...(esp when I have to haul the thing around, it weighs a TON!)

189_edited-1


This is my machine's extendended work surface called a "Sew Adjustable." This makes sewing large projects 1,000x easier. Check 'em out here. Note Alex's cameo in the picture =)

And of course you simply MUST have

195_edited-1


An iron

194_edited-1


And an OLFA rotary cutter and self healing mat. (Only OLFA, any other rotary cutter is pretty much garbage in my opinon)

With these simple items and some fabric, the possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment