Thursday, August 8, 2013

Nursery Reveal & Roman Shades!


Want to see what I have been up to the last few weeks?


untitled-3.jpg


the Nursery is finally (almost) done! I am sooo happy with how it turned out!!!


untitled-6.jpg


The changing table is on the far right corner of the room. I have all of the diaper changing supplies in a neat little basket next to the changing pad. The dresser belonged to my Nonni (grandma) and I think she would like that it's getting good use still (and it's a strong workhorse of a dresser!) The dresser drawers are divided by type of clothes all newborn and 0-3 month. Top drawer is sleep shirts and white onsies, second drawer is printed onsies and pants, third drawer is more shirts and crib sheets and the bottom drawer is where all of the disposable (and eventually cloth) diapers will go. I have space in the back of the basket on top of the dresser big enough to hold about 10 diapers so I will only have to fill up from the drawer one a day (hopefully!) I don't know how functional my organizational system is yet and I am totally open to suggestions for ways it worked for you. I'm trying to keep things as streamlined as possible so i'm not ducking and bending over every time I need to change him.

You can also see a peek of my curtains in this pic, so here's a shot of them full on...


untitled-9.jpg


Those curtains are my pride and joy of my DIY projects for this nursery. I used a pattern I found on Shanty 2 Chic.com, check it out here. I fell in love with the pattern which I found at fabric.com, my friend Alex suggested an ikat pattern and i'm so glad she did! I lined the shades with a light block fabric which really darkens the room even during the middle of the day (makes it great for naps!). It took me about two days to sew them and one frustrating hour of me and kyle mounting them but the finished product is worth it! I forgot to take a picture of the ugly yellow mini blinds that were there before but trust me this looks so much better!


untitled-10.jpg


Here's what it looks like with one shade down and one up. I also strung them in the center of the window so baby can't reach the cords.


untitled-12.jpg


Wall decal: Etsy.com


untitled-2.jpg


The crib has my mother's crocheted baby blanket and my mother in law's quilt in it, both grandma's represented! The pooh sepia tone print was a gift from Kyle for our 4 year anniversary (about a month into my pregnancy). At that time he didn't even know that I wanted to do Winnie the Pooh in the nursery!


untitled-13.jpg



untitled-11.jpg



This armoire is right next to the changing table and holds most of his toys and extra blankets. The carriers (moby wraps and ergo) are in the lower drawers. The framed print is actually a jigsaw puzzle I put together about a month ago and glued together. 

  
untitled-5.jpg


Right next to this bookshelf is a large closet that has another dresser inside of it for his larger clothes and other supplies. 

I hope you guys enjoyed seeing the pictures of my nursery as much as we enjoyed putting it together!

It's done, instant nursery just add baby! 

1 comment:

  1. I love it! So colorful, and I love the Pooh bear theme! Adorable and so you...

    ReplyDelete