So LOTS-o-Stuff has been happening since I last posted, sheesh it feels like months ago. Those weeks of traveling really threw off my routine. As is true Little Rhody Girl fashion I haven't really had time to slow down since then...
ok here are some quick recaps of what's been going on in my life.
1) We are officially House Hunting (and have been for some time now) - For the last month Kyle and I have been working with a realtor to find a townhouse or condo in the area. (Since it's San Diego county any chance of getting a "house house" with a yard is pretty much impossible without around $400 grand, buh). We have actually found a place and have put in an offer, but apparently we are second in line. If the first offer is accepted, we're bum out of luck. I've learned a lot about real-estate over the last month (about just enough to not want to EVER seek out real estate endeavors just for "fun")
2) Jobs... - I'm still at my ER job, and it's turning into quite the Love/Hate relationship. Some days are o.k., and others are so absolutely bad that I have to literally crawl home at the end of the shift. It's quite the conundrum. I like the speciality, I like my co-workers, I like working days. On the other hand there is a part of me that thirsts for something different. I still haven't given up on the Labor and Delivery route and I have been keeping an eye out on the Internet to see if I spy any postings but I feel very half-assed about applying because ALL of them are night shift positions. We'll see what happens
3) Photography - I have been making pretty far strides in my photography. I am two classes into my better photo certification and I have launched a website and a fanpage. (Everybody please proceed to my fanbadge and check out my website). My master plan is to keep practicing and taking classes over the next few years so I can ease off the nursing and go into portrait/wedding photography to make some $$ while I am home with my babies! (when I have them haha).
4) Running (or lack there of) - The constant travel put a HUGE wrench into my running. Before I left I was running 2-3 miles 4-5 times a week no-problemo and now I barely have the energy to get up and get my sneaks on. Anybody have any advise for getting back into it?
5) Travel - Since I have been traveling WAY too much over the last few month I have no plans to go anywhere anytime soon..however.. (drum roll please) I'm taking my first in-law family vacation this winter. to....DISNEY WORLD!!!!! ::super excited:: I don't know what I am more excited about, the family time, going there FINALLY with my husband, or the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (I think Hogwarts wins)
So..that's the abridged version, and there you have it
p.s. To all of my girls out there who are pregnant, congrats!! I have been following everybody, even though my commenting has been severely lacking. I am soo happy to get glimpses into your journeys into becomming mothers and I can't wait to see pics of all the little ones. Prayers and blessing for a healthy and happy pregnancy for all of you!