Saturday, May 25, 2013

Bump it: 24 Weeks


Hey everyone! I'm 24 weeks along!!

img001
RI Baby Shower!!!!
This week I had a great time visiting with friends and family in Rhode Island! The week ended with a fabulous baby shower co-hosted by my mom (blue on my left) and my mother in law (blue cardigan on my right). It was so much fun and I got to see a lot of wonderful friends and other mothers that I don't get to see all that often. It was a "bring a book" baby shower with a winnie-the-pooh theme and I was truly overwhelmed with how generous everyone was! I came home with a second suitcase full of baby supplies and my mom and I packed up 7 USPS flat rate boxes that shipped out the day I flied home. 

My friend Haley came with her 7 month old son Henry and it was so much fun being able to visit with him. I have to be honest I have been going out of my way to spend time with other mothers and as such have been exposed to more babies in an attempt to get more comfortable interacting with little kiddos. I have some limited experience working with kids at the hospital but I figure only having experience with kids when they are sick and pissed off isn't really very accurate. The point is little Henry was such a little sweetheart and it makes me excited to see my son smile at me the way Henry was smiling at his mama.

Anyway here are a few more pics...


img004

My Aunt Claudia had this 3-tier diaper cake made for me. It was covered in toy rings, toys and baby spoons. I was quite a showpiece!!

img005

My mother-in-law Lynn was responsible for the yummy desserts. We had snicker-doodle, lemon and chocolate cupcakes!!


img007

she also quilted this for the baby, what a multi talented lady!!


img002

I had such a nice time at my shower, and I think my little baby enjoyed the food too!


Until next time I remain a happy mama to be!

2 comments:

  1. I love those diaper cakes! So fancy! I hope that you'll have a baby shower here in San Diego too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as more exposure to babies, do toddlers count? I have one you could use.

    ReplyDelete