Wednesday, November 13, 2013

How's Things?

Things seem to be pretty, well, awake!

Nathan has kept me guessing CONSTANTLY with his sleeping habits. Just when I think I have him figured out he completely changes his routine. Does that mean he doesn't have a routine? Well I guess complete and total randomness, if consistent, is a pattern itself right? Sure.

He's 11 weeks old now (by the way I'm not too proud to admit that I actually had to count on the calendar to get the actual weeks, after we hit the second month I just tell people "he's two months old." Does that make me wrong? Frankly I'm too tired to care...) anyway he started sleeping for longer stretches at around 6 weeks. By that I mean I put him down when we go to sleep around 10 and he sleeps until around 3, is up to nurse then back down until around 6am. 

I have been in L-O-V-E with this night pattern which has been ::knock on wood:: consistent for the last few weeks, but during the day? Oh Lordy during the day this kid just doesn't want to sleep. We're lucky to get a mini nap during the day and an afternoon nap is pretty much non existent. This seems to be the norm then every so often he seems to have a day where all he does is sleep (then mama gets a lot done!) I hear other mothers talk about the "routine" and the "schedule" and I think "man I have NO IDEA when my kid naps or eats during the day"...when he's hungry I feed him and when he's tired I rock him to sleep. 

Is that wrong? Did I mention that I'm too tired to give a hoot?  

The other aspects of my life are pretty much business as usual. I have been working on the Rose Etude # 13 and my band music has been keeping me pretty busy. My playing routine has basically been turned on it's head since Nathan was born. After some trial and error I have started to bookend my day with my clarinet; meaning I put it together first thing in the morning and take it apart before I go to bed. When it's set up and easily accessible I can almost get in 10 whole minutes of playing a day! After a while I just stopped watching the clock. If I sat in the chair and played AT ALL I considered it a win.

I'm about 5 pounds away from my pre pregnancy weight and I'm feeling really good. I started going back to spin class at about 8 weeks postpartum; I go to class about once a week and on the in between days I run or work out with my Jillian Michaels DVDs at home. Lately I've been considering starting a cycle of p90x in December. Am I insane? Probably....

Life is pretty much a repeating cycle of Nathan, Laundry, Nathan, Cooking, Nathan, Working out, Nathan, Playing Clarinet, Nathan & Kyle too!!!!!

It's ok, frankly I wouldn't want it any other way....

No comments:

Post a Comment