Sunday, April 20, 2014

Insanity Day 1: Fit Test


Today I started the beach body program INSANITY by Shaun T. I have been meaning to start this ever since I bought the DVDs back in November 2012. I did p90x a while before that and really enjoyed it so when I saw the commercial for insanity I was like "am I insane? sure! let's do this!"

Then I got pregnant

Then I was a postpartum nursing mother


Now I'm still nursing but after some research and because I have completed the half marathon I was training for (the San Francisco 1/2 on April 6th) I figure now is a good time. 


If I don't start now I probably never will :-)


Never herd of it? (do you not watch T.V?)
go ahead & watch the video...




Anyway so I started the program today. Day 1 is the fit test which is made up of 8 different exercises. You do one exercise at a time and try to do as many reps as possible in 1 minute. This fit test is repeated every 14 days throughout the 60 day program.

I barely finished the fit test. I did have to stop a few times. Holy crap this is going to be (um) INSANE! Even the fit test is crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Here are my results so far:



I used post-it notes because I plan on using the workout calendar again



aaaaaannnnnnndddddd

Here are my pictures which I took today!!!!



Insanity Day 1: April 20th 2014


Now let me make something perfectly clear. I am INCREDIBLY happy with the weight I am now. I am NOT doing this in an effort to loose weight. I am anticipating that I will in fact, gain weight when I build muscle and that's totally fine with me. I want to get ripped & have some muscles!

But mostly I want to be able to do more than 5 push ups before I have to do girly ones. 

I don't know how strict I am going to be with the diet because I need to keep my calorie count high to support my breastfeeding. However I'm not too concerned since Kyle and I eat pretty healthy to begin with. 

If I keep with the program as is I'll be well into month two while we prepare to move. It will be
INSANITY!!!

Stay tuned and I'll post on my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment