Monday, January 10, 2011

Day Six: DHS Second Attempt

Today we got up early in our attempt to get to the parks on time and take full advantage of the fact that we didn’t have to deal with the marathon crowds. We immediately went through the turnstiles and headed for Pixar Place to get on Toy Story Midway Mania. We made sure to get on this ride first because the day before we saw on our phone that the wait at 10am (1 hour after park opening) was over an hour. YIKES!.


After riding we all enjoyed it so much we immediately got FASTPASSES to ride it again later. It was SO MUCH FUN! The afternoon was a little rainy (thanks tiny-tiny totes umbrella for keeping me dry!) but we got around to see all that we wanted to see by around 3pm.

Since it was out last night in Disney Kyle’s parents wanted to go out with a bang and have dinner at the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. The restaurant in question, Citricos was probably the best food I have eaten since my honeymoon. I had duck ravioli to start, and braised grouper fish with shrimp and scallops for dinner. Oh man, it was heavenly. If your pockets are deep and you want to eat like a King at Disney, go to this place PLEASE!

While we were eating dessert (lemon cheesecake with fresh pressed organic coffee) we could see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from outside the windows at the far end of the dining room. Talk about Disney Magic. I had such a good time with my in-laws and I hope that we can go on vacation again soon with them!

I can’t believe the week is over!

Favorite Ride: Toy Story Midway mania. Any arcade style game where I can beat my husband and my brother-in-law is OK in my book, sorry Joel!

Tomorrow: flying home :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment