Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Resolution to forget resolutions

Every time I have thought about or made a New Year's Resolution it makes me feel a little depressed. I have a horrific track record with New Years Resolutions. I think last year was the first one I have ever completed in my entire life; last year I successfully completed the couch to 5-k running plan and after I was done, I kept running! I had discovered how much FUN running actually was (and still is). I believe the secret to my success was not "thinking" of it as a New Years resolution. It was a goal that I set for myself and accomplished.

This year my goal is all about my photography. For the last two years right after I picked up a camera I started dreaming about someday becoming a wedding and portrait photographer. I am really drawn to the idea of capturing real moments of people. At work I am constantly surrounded by people at their worst, they are suffering, sick and at their whits end. It would be nice to surround myself with positive moments in peoples lives; try to balance one extreme with the other you know?

I have the books, I have beginners equipment, I just need the practice!

So for the next year I have challenged myself to take major strides toward my dream of starting my own business. I have been stagnant on the edge of a cliff for the last 6 months. Now it's time to jump off and see if I can fly...

No comments:

Post a Comment