Friday, June 7, 2013

Bump it: 27 Weeks


Hey Everyone! I'm 27 Weeks along!


untitled-4.jpg

This pregnancy just seems to by flying by! I was looking through my flickr pregnancy photostream and It's unbelieveable to me how much my body has changed in the last few months! 

Remember this? 

8_Weeks-3.jpg

This was one of my first belly shots, 8 weeks! That was over 4 months ago!
Here's a side by side

8_Weeks-3.jpg
8 Weeks
                       
untitled-4.jpg
27 Weeks

 I can't believe how much my body has changed since then. Even though there are times when I don't love my new body as much as I should Kyle still makes me fell radiantly beautiful and I know that I'll be that 8 week size lady again! My body is now doing exactly what it needs to do to make sure my son is developing healthy and strong. Even though I am trying to enjoy every minute of this pregnancy there are definitely a moment or two when I feel excited about eventually getting my body back :-)

Things this week have been pretty uneventful. My heartburn still flares up now and again, usually about 30 minutes after I eat. The annoying part is it will happen regardless of what I eat. I can eat chili with gallons of hot sauce and I get the same heartburn I would get if I eat a banana, no better or worse. It's kinda weird since I was taught that you can really help heartburn by changing your diet but maybe pregnancy is a special circumstance; or maybe it's just my pregnancy that's a special circumstance haha. 

I have another doctor's appointment next Tuesday and I'm going to start talking to my doc about my thoughts about how I want my labor to go. Even though I am seeing an OB-GYN he is very pro-natural childbirth. I have met several women who have had him assist their births and and the only c-sections (in the women I met) were for legit medical reasons (i.e. pre-eclampsia). I know that there is always a chance that I might need a c-section as well and if that happens, that's ok with me but if I am progressing normally and the little man is doing well then I'm going to do everything I can to try and birth naturally. 

Thanks for tuning in!

Until Next time I remain a Happy mama to be!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Sara! I had ridiculous heartburn on the same terms that you're describing. Tums were my BEST friend. I had them in my purse, in the car, by my bed and everywhere else! My OB said it was a good thing because there was calcium in them, too! I wish you GREAT relief heading towards your final trimester!

    ReplyDelete