Friday, June 14, 2013

Bump it: 28 Weeks


Hey Everyone! I'm 28 Weeks along! 


untitled-1.jpg

I had my last monthly appointment with my OB this week. Now I switch to bi-weekly appointments for awhile until my last month I think then I go to weekly appointments until I pop. My heartburn is still as fierce as ever but one of my friend suggested using oranges as a natural remedy. When I feel it coming on I peel an orange and smell the rind; I know it sounds kinda weird but IT WORKS! (thanks Kathryn!) I tried it for the first time yesterday and it seriously helped my stomach. Less TUMS that way I guess.

The little man has been moving around and kicking a lot! There were several times this week when I would wake up in the middle of the night to pee and then he decides it's time to have a dance party; needless to say it takes me a little while to get back to sleep after that!

At my appointment I started talking to my provider about my desires to attempt a natural, unmedicated childbirth and I was happy to find that he was totally on board with that. I told him that since I am a medical professional myself I understand that sometimes interventions are necessary and I will totally bend and flex if things change, however If I am ok and the baby is ok then I wish to avoid interventions and see how I do. He was very receptive to that which I was very happy about. I feel that if we enter this working as a team with mutual respect I will have a much higher chance of getting what I want out of my birthing experience (maybe, it's up to the baby not me after all.... :-) )

I'm still working on my cable knit baby blanket and next week Kyle and I are going to start to tackle the nursery (yikes!). Otherwise things are business as usual with the pregnancy. I consider myself very lucky that these weekly reports are boring and repetitive because it means mom and baby are doing great! 

Until next time I remain a happy mama to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment