Monday, February 2, 2009

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE NEVER BEEN TO A SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE, CONSIDER YOUSELF LUCKY!

O.K. so that might be a little drastic of a statement, but seriously Government offices really impresses me sometimes. By impress I mean that they do leave an impression, not necessarily a positive one. But I digress….

I went online to find my local Social Security office so I could go and get my name changed (After careful consideration and talking with my wonderful new husband I decided that I’m going to go with Sara Connie Oldlastname Newlastname, so I will essentially have two middle names.) The online search told me that the San Diego office was open Monday-Friday from 8-5. O.K.

So I drag my tired ass out of bed at 7am on Monday morning so I am able to get to the office on time. I get there and lo and behold the big sign on the door says Open 9-4:30 (grumble grumble) So I spent the time going and running a few errands and make it back to the office at 9:05. There are literally people flooding the place, people lining up outside, people everywhere. So I have to go and take a number. TWO AND A HALF HOURS LATER I got to go to Social Security Mecca (otherwise known as the window with the employee on the other side). She looked at my marriage license gave me a receipt and sent me on my way.

Waiting in line at Social Security: 2 hours
Actual help time at Social Security: 1 min 30 seconds (the girl typed fast!)
Getting to see a Rep get spit on by a small child: Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment