Monday, April 13, 2009

Movie Review - James Bond Quantum of Solace



Last night Kyle and I finally got around to watching our latest Netflix movie, Quantum of Solace. I have got to say that neither of us were very impressed. Our mutual friend (and 007 junkie) warned us that it wasn't the best, but we have seen every other James Bond movie, and so we felt the need to give it a shot.

Well, like I said, I really wasn't impressed. The action sequences (although very cool at times) were filmed so fast that you couldn't really tell what was going on. The ones you actually could follow were CLEARLY 95% CGI which was a disappointment. Bond didn't even sleep with the female lead and the plot was VERY weak. Now I know that the Bond movies are usually predictable, but this movie didn't even deliver the predictability we have come to love with James Bond movies.

It just wasn't the same caliber as the older 007 movies, it wasn't even in the same zip code really. I give my two thumbs down. So has anyone else seen it? Feel free to talk about it in the comments. Did you like it? Did you not?

2 comments:

  1. The Bond movies with Daniel Craig are supposed to be more like the original books by Ian Fleming. Fleming wrote the character to be a cold-blooded killer, the time to do anything it takes to get the job done. Not the suave Pierce Brosnan type of Bond.

    I personally thought the most recent Bond movies were great because of the type of Bond that Craig plays, and I never liked any of the Bond movies before that. But at the same time I've read the books over and over again and I love the way Fleming wrote the character, which is probably the reason the only two Bond movies I own are the ones with Craig as Bond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yah I didn't like it very much either although I love spending an hour and a half looking at Daniel Craig :)

    ReplyDelete