Monday, February 7, 2011

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - Crash Course

So today was *gulp* my interview with the Wedding Photographer. It actually went REALLY WELL! He is interested in getting another part time editor on his staff and when I went in to talk to him he was pretty impressed I think. He has a little editing studio and consultation area with a coffee table heavy with absolutely GORGEOUS wedding albums. There are huge pulled canvas' of simply breath-taking images are all over the wall; I serisously felt like a kid in a candy store! When I told him that I was pretty much a total beginner who was looking to do ANYTHING (and I mean whatever) to get some more exposure (haha I kill myself and NO I didn't say that, sheesh what do you guys think of me anyway?) to photography and to have the opportunity to work under a professional he was pretty positive about it. He asked what my experience with Lightroom is and even though I do own it I'm pretty sure I know only about 10% of what the program can actually do. I told him I knew the program "fairly well" and that I am a quick study and am able to learn quickly. He then promptly said "alright well let's see what you can do!"

Um YIKES! didn't know there was going to be a test (or I would have studied!) We went over to his computer and he chose some images from an engagement shoot and let me take the mouse, go ahead and edit them. Now after my heart started beating again I just tweaked the images, a little more exposure here and a little less color temp there. It really wasn't as terrifying as I am making it out to be. He was helpful and prompted me and best of all he was full of positive feedback for me! He told me that I have a good "beginner's eye" and that I have some solid potential. He's going to train me once Wedding season starts in April and I'll work for him part time as an editor about 10-12 hours a week.

Oh and it's paid btw, more $$ to put toward more glass!!!!!!!

Now I gotta bury my head in my Lightroom books! I have 2 months to pratice!

3 comments:

  1. oh speaking of editing pics I have a favor to ask. I'll text you about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tell a photographer you'll do anything....poor choice of words...

    Haha...you go get em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHHHHH seriously SO excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete