Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Affordable DIY Magnets

A lot of the WBC Brides have asked for instructions to make these magnets, which I used for my Save the Dates. It was really very simple.


Supplies:
1) 8 1/2 x 11 magnet sheets - Purchased from Oriental Trading Company
2) Card Stock - Mine measured 5 x 7 to fit into the envelopes I purchased. I bought the card stock at Michael's
3) Photo Corners - Michael's
4) Ribbon - Silver and White - Michael's
5) Glossy finish printer photo paper - Wal-mart
6) Hole punch

I designed The magnet in Microsoft Publisher measuring 3 x 4 and printed them on the photo paper. I cut out the "picture" using my fiskars paper cutter and set them aside. Then I cut the magnet sheets (they are peel and stick) using a heavy duty paper cutter at staples to also measure 3 x 4. The I peeled the paper off the magnet to expose the sticky side, slapped the picture on there and voila! A save the date magnet! I affixed the magnet to to the card stock using the photo corners and used the hole punch to make holes for the ribbon.

I hope this helps you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment