Tuesday, March 24, 2009

2 Months

Photobucket

I cannot believe that it has been 2 months since my wedding day. It seems like it was only yesterday that I was on the alter of my childhood Church surrounded by my family and friends, telling the man I love that I will continue to love him for the rest of my life. Now I have played wife for two months and I think I am getting used to the role, as a matter of fact, I might like it!

People have asked about how married life is treating us, and I think we are adapting quite well.
Sometimes when I get home from work and Kyle is already asleep I lie in bed and look at his left hand with his wedding ring on it. I can feel my heart swell up with love when he hugs me. Our relationship was filled with love before, but the dynamic has completely changed. It is almost as if the sense of commitment that our relationship is now founded on has made us even more in love.

Our day to day life hasn't really changed all that much, since we were living together before the wedding. He still goes to work, then later that day I go to work. He is still asleep on the couch when I get home from work at 12am. The only major change I can say is the combining of the finances, and obtaining "Navy Wife status." Now my car has decals on it so I can get on the Navy base myself (schwing!)

The best decision I have ever made was that day 11 months ago when I woke up and walked to the beach in my PJs, and found my dream had come true....
..the man of my dreams on one knee with a ring...and I said yes....

1 comment:

  1. Ahh yes time does fly by and married life does take some adapting to but its a great reward in life. Be proud that your a navy wife. I've been married for 5 months coming up at the end of this month and it still feels like just yesterday we said i do. They were right when they say the newly wed feeling sticks for a while : )

    ReplyDelete