Saturday, September 5, 2009

Pan Fried Pasta

I'm Italian, I eat my fair share of pasta (carbs, carbs, CARBS). I usually don't try to eat leftover pasta because I feel after a day or two it's a little soggy, this solves that problem. Pan-frying the pasta adds texture and also caramelizes the tomatoes in the sauce you used to change the taste of the sauce completely. A quick and tasty solution to leftover pasta.

Pan Fried Pasta


Pan Fried Pasta

Ingredients
  • Leftover Pasta with sauce of any kind or freshly cooked pasta and tomato sauce
  • Olive Oil
  • Parmesan cheese
  1. Heat two-four turns of olive oil in a medium sized skilled (amount to cover the bottom of the skilled) over medium high heat.
  2. Add pasta to heated oil. Turn and separate pasta while it cooks. Frying the pasta will shrink the size of the noodles and turn them crunchy.
  3. Fry until desired consistency is reached. (I fried mine for about 5-7 minutes for a good mix of crunch with traditional pasta texture.)
  4. Drain off excess oil and serve with Parmesan cheese.

2 comments:

  1. I do this all the time (it MUST be an Italian thing!) and it's pretty much the only way I eat leftover pasta, save in a frittata. Great post!

    Love,
    JP
    http://denimdebutante.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boyfriend thought that he invented this pasta he made some time ago and today:) Delicious. Today it as with tomato sauce and some fried bacon, oregano, rosemary and hot pepper. And a litte bit of grated cheeese. If you want something to translate from Polish, ask me:P

    mowia-weki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete