Friday, October 9, 2009

Afghan Completed!

I am a knitter. My mom showed me how when I was little and I started with scarves and moved up to afghans. I love sitting on the couch watching TV with a skein in my lap making something. Call me an old fashioned girl but I love the feeling of accomplishment I get when I finish a project. This afghan is a combination of two patterns in one, knitted in three panels and stitched together. I worked on it on and off for a year but it probably took around 6 months to complete.

Drum roll please......


007


center row


hourglass

I took these pictures before I added the fringe. Here is the finished product, taking it's rightful place on the living room couch.
Ta Da!
finished afghan
I am so proud of myself. It is only my second cable knit afghan but it is the first project that I have ever kept for myself (and my husband haha). This will be passed down to my kids someday

2 comments:

  1. Wow...this is beautiful! I want to learn how to knit...I think I'll try and learn while the hubby is deployed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so beautiful! I've never been a knitter, my grandmother tried to teach me, but I just didn't have the knack for it.

    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete