Saturday, October 10, 2009

Little Rhody Girl is a Quilting Machine

I have never attempted quilting, the shear thought of it was pretty overwhelming. I got my mom's old sewing machine that is as old as I am when I moved out and I have used it for a few small projects around the house but as I was finishing my beautiful afghan I was already deep in thought over what my next project would be. I decided to try a quilt. My MIL is a quilting fiend and she gave me some wonderful recomendations and on Wednsday I took the plunge and bought the supplies and fabric for my first project. I am pretty proud with what I have done so far.

I turned this....



fabric




into this....




star points




pretty good considering this was my first shot. these will end up being the points of a star block. I will post pictures as I go. Wish me luck on my new project!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a quilter! It's so much fun.

    I can't wait to see your final product.

    Be sure to post pictures!

    ReplyDelete