Saturday, July 18, 2009

Looking onward and upward

I have pretty much been unsatisfied with my job for the last couple of months. The only thing that is keeping me there are the people I work with. I have never seen a unit of nurses and CNA's that are so committed to each other, and I know that I will never work in such an environment again. Never the less I am itching for a change, for a job with better hours

for a job in the ER

for those of you that have been following the blog for sometime know that I have jumped back and forth from Maternal/Child Nursing and Emergency nursing for awhile. Everything from Labor & Delivery, Postpartum, NICU, and ER nursing have been put in the mix. I have attempted to get into L&D in San Diego, but it is very difficult to get into that field when you have no previous L&D experience. So I went back to the ER, which is what I wanted to do in college anyway. I figure I will work in the ER for a year or two then go back to L&D because I definitely see myself working in L&D or Mother Baby for the majority of my career. (after all I'm only a year in and I have about 35-40 years before retirement haha)

I ::shhh:: have already applied for a ER training program starting in October. My parents are coming to visit the 3rd week in August and after they leave I am diving into "operation Sara gets an ER job" head first. September will be spend applying and interviewing and October will be orientation, just in time for Kyle to come home in November.

I WILL get a job in an ER somewhere in San Diego, I just don't know where yet :-D

3 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best for getting a new job... I know what it's like to need a change and I hope you are able to find something soon. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prays that you find somewhere you love.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll do it, just stay positive :) Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck and you will love where ever you go! you have always said you did not enjoy med/surg anyway.
    Love and Miss you!

    ReplyDelete