Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What's the opposite of insomnia?

So I work mostly evening shifts at the hospital (3-11pm). I work every other weekend and on my weekends I work night shifts for 12 hours (7pm-7am). I know, it's confusing. My night shifts were this past weekend and that Monday I was off. Usually I only sleep for 3-4 hours after I get home so I am tired enough to sleep that night. Well I forgot to set my alarm and ended up sleeping until 3pm. So I am stuck in this trend of lying awake until 2:30am and waking up at 11:30, which only leaves me like 2 hours until I have to go to work.....bah!

I wish I could get a day 12 hour position, but unfortunately without some hefty experience that's pretty much impossible. I am hoping to transfer to 12 hour nights so that way I would only have to work 3 days a week, keep your fingers crossed for me huh?

1 comment:

  1. OMG my poor body would be so confused! I have my fingers crossed for you that you get the shifts that you want!

    ReplyDelete