Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back to the Grind

Well I have been back to work for two days now. Nothing crazy has been going on but the unit is full so we have a lot of nurses running around at any given time. I am on the schedule until the end of September and hopefully after that I will be starting to make my way downstairs to the ED. I still need to talk to that manager to figure out which shift I will be on. I really don't care days vs. nights but I just don't want to be at work in the evening time like I am now. I really liked having dinners with Kyle on my nights off and I want to start making that a nightly occurrence when he come home. (nightly family dinners are definitely going to be a non-negotiable in my house) so keep your fingers crossed for me that I get the shift I want. I also am doing my annual competencies this week (a.k.a. a lot of stupid stuff I need to do to prove I know what the bio hazard symbol looks like.)

I had to get my annual PPD placed too. I'm kinda nervous because the area is a little red and it never has been before. But no induration (that I can tell). I'm getting it read in about an hour, so I'll let you know what they say.

I had my first personal training today also after almost a week and a half off and he totally kicked my butt, so working an 8 hour shift tonight is going to be fun fun. =)

Hope you all have a good rest of your week. We're halfway through people!

Haven't heard much from the hubby over the last couple of days. I know that he's in Port enjoying some R&R so I am hoping that he is catching up on sleep and that's why he's not calling me. I'm sure he's not parting until the wee hours of the morning, getting drunk at sketchy sailor bars He's a good boy.... =)

1 comment:

  1. What's PPD?

    I'll def keep you posted about nursing school. My first choice is the BSN at the 4 year school I'm going to this year, but they are really competitive, so I am also applying to a program at a community college which I can then do my BSN online via the first mentioned school. I'll submit my application for the community college program sometime between September 1 and December 1 because that is their early admission, then I should find out if I'm in by February or so.

    ReplyDelete