Sunday, August 23, 2009

Wonderful Week

I brought my family to the airport yesterday and dropped them off. It was so hard to say goodbye to them (I did get teary when I hugged my mom and she totally lost it haha) I couldn't have asked for a better week. What a great way to stagger up the time of Kyle's deployment with a nice visit from my family (combined with a week off of work!)

They made it back to Little Rhody safe and sound (after a 2 hour delay ouch!) and my father-in-law picked them up and gave them a lift home. My mom still hasn't fully recovered from her sinus infection but being home will give her some time to recover fully.

So it's back home with them and back to work for me. I had today to do laundry and clean up the apartment and just relax. Days that are hard to come by especially now that my job is changing. I'm back to the unit tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will only be on the floor for two more pay periods (about a month) then I will be out and down in the ED. I still need to interview with the manager down there. I am hoping there will be an e-mail from her when I go into work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment