Friday, August 14, 2009

New Toys

So I unexpectedly had the night off because yesterday my manager scheduled me for ACLS *advanced cardiac life support* certification tomorrow. (since I have to get certified soon for the Emergency room YAY!) So thankfully I was home when the UPS man brought me a box with these beauties inside

Photobucket

Brian also included Canon XSI for Dummies and a very helpful DVD on how to use the camera. I am definitely in the beginner beginner category but I am SO excited to practice and learn more about how the camera works so I can start to use it creatively.

I started playing around with different settings while my cats were walking around...and look what I did..

Alex.
Photobucket

I STILL can't believe I actually took that picture...I'm so proud of myself!

That camera will be attached to my face while my family is here next week

3 comments:

  1. I hate my current camera with a passion, I would love to get a nice new one! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I'm so jealous! Your new camera must be amazing. I am dying for a Rebel or an SLR of some sort...whew!

    Found you from 20sb... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture looks great!!! It's amazing how much better a simple picture can look with a nice camera. I really need to ditch the point-and-shoot.

    ReplyDelete