Thursday, March 4, 2010

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I know it sounds like a mouthful right? Well it is! A mouthful of cookie deliciousness!

I have recently (well not RECENTLY) discovered Brown Eyed Baker, another lovely foodie blog. I originally used her site last December when I wanted to learn How to properly Ice my Christmas sugar cookie cut-outs and earlier this week I saw this recipe and I knew I just had to make them. She describes them as "the ultimate trifecta of cookie goodness;" and I have to agree with her.


002


Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Brown Eyed Baker

Ingrediants:

1 cup all purpose flower
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/2 creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside

2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside

3. Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars with mixer on medium speed. mix in eggs and vanilla. Turn mixer on low. Slowly add four mixture until combined. Stir in rolled oats and chocolate chips.

4. Using 1/4 c. scoop out dough and form into balls. Using the fingertips of each hand, grasp the dough and pull it apart. turn each half 90 degrees and push together, careful no to smooth out the jagged edges on top formed by pulling apart the dough. (this will give you the crinkly top that is oh-so-nice)

5. Bake in preheated oven for around 10 min until sides are golden brown and tops are puffy. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 10 min before transferring onto wire racks. Store in air tight container.


Grab Milk, Enjoy Immediately!


009


Footnote:

Just so you guys know, I made it though my run today without stopping. I might have at times been jogging at such a slow pace that little 80 year old biddies in their powerchairs probably would have passed me, but I NEVER walked, and I am SUPER proud of that. (so of course I made baked goods, because that just makes sense!)

No comments:

Post a Comment