Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Updates

So I have been somewhat anti-social over the last two weeks. I don't know if you guys have ever felt in a similar mood but over the last several days I have had little desire to talk to other people. I have been screening like crazy, so sorry to all of the people I haven't talked to.

On the upswing I have decided to blog about all the stuff I have been up to over the last two weeks.

  • C25K - I have been utterly STUCK on week 7 of the couch to 5-k. Partly my lack of consistency is to blame for that. The other part is my brain playing tricks on me. I know that I am capable of doing the entire 25 min run without stopping; lately I have been getting through the first 10 min no problem, but once I hit 15 min the little voice in my head says "why don't you just walk, just for a minute, what can it hurt?" Today I listened to that stupid voice for two minutes before I gave in. It's all a mind game....and it's making me very mad.
  • Cooking - I have been doing a lot of cooking and baking lately but unfortunately I have been way too lazy to post (and I haven't remembered to take pictures of my meals). Over the past week I have made:
  1. Slow Cooker Pork
  2. Cuban Sandwiches
  3. Teriyaki Noodle Bowls
  4. Spaghetti and Meatballs
  5. Meatball Grinders
  6. Salads!!
  • Some Self Reflection - I have been thinking a lot about where I want my career in nursing to go, mainly - where I want to end up. This usually throws my mind in a flurry of advanced degrees, certifications and specialties, all of which are completely overwhelming to me. Now I do like the job I have now, working in the ER is so challenging and satisfying. I work with a wonderful group of people and I get to see some really cool stuff, but I just don't think ER nursing is where I see myself in 5 years (or even in 1 year). I have such an unexplainable draw/interest in OB nursing that I want to get into that field ASAP to figure out if that's where my true passion lies. I got the contact information for the Nurse Educator on the OB floor at my hospital and hopefully next week I can meet up with her and pick her brain about what she does. If I really like Labor and Delivery Nursing I could definitely see myself as a Nursing Educator for a L&D floor someday.
So anyway that a little about what's been going on with me lately. Hope everyone is having a good week so far! Only three more days till Friday!!!

1 comment:

  1. I get anti-social sometimes, too. I think it's healthy :)

    ReplyDelete