Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My State is Drowning!!!

I don't keep it a secret that I am Rhode Island Born, and I am very proud to call that little state home. My parents have been off handedly mentioning that it has been raining like crazy there lately; but I honestly didn't think much of it because we usually have really wet winters there.

This morning, however, when I was sitting in the break-room of the ER about to punch in for the day I almost spit out my coffee when I saw this on the news.



My Little State made National News! I guess now i'm really glad that my parent's home is built on a hill, so all the water just rushes past them.

Thanks for keeping me informed Mom & Dad. =)

3 comments:

  1. Thank goodness your parents are okay. The weather has been crazy lately with all the rain. I'm in NY, and my entire street was so badly flooded yesterday that the buses weren't even running :(

    Hopefully the rain will stay away for a while.

    Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, I am having a small giveaway on my blog if you're interested. It's running through Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. same! My parents live on a hill as well so I don't have to worry much about them lol. It is pretty intense there though!

    ReplyDelete