Sunday, September 26, 2010

Swagbucks

Yay for virtual money!

I know most of you already know about Swagbucks but this is something that I have just recently discovered. Now I am usually really wary about internet "deals" (a.k.a scams) but after I read multiple posts from you guys about the swag I decided to give it a try.

The designers of the website equate swag bucks to "frequent flyer miles for the internet." It's a search engine tool that enables you to aquire points based on the searches you do on the internet. The points then can be traded for goods like gift cards, DVDs, electronics and clothing. There are a few other ways to get points too such as..

1) Trade in your old cell phone and other electronics
2) Sign up for special offers from companies (I personally think this advertising $$ helps make this program successful. Example - signing up for Netflix gives you 500 swagbucks, signing up for Direct TV gives you 13,000 bucks and so on)
3) Taking surveys
4) Shopping (another good way for me to earn points since I LOVE online shopping!)



So we'll try it for a little while and see how fast I can get some Amazon gift cards ;-) Do you have any swagbuck tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment